Birchen Marans Roosters

Oct 13, 2019
Longmont, CO
Hello all, I’m growing out 3 Birchen Marans cockerels and am trying to learn up on what I should be looking for, as I’ll only keep one. I realize it’s very early (they are only 3 weeks old), but figure I should start my research now. I’m much more familiar with Ameraucanas SOP, so Marans are new for me. I have 2 Blue Birchen boys and one Black Birchen. I’d love tips, as well as pics of roosters with correct color, common faults, etc.

One of my blue boys had very light down, but his wing feathers are fairly dark blue. The other has been darker blue to begin. The black one almost looks like it has a bit of a crows head. What do you think? Thanks!

Whoops, forgot pics. Light blue boy below.
D9178C19-27AA-4BE5-8BF7-11AB58C62DC8.jpeg

Black Cockerel below.
B487BBB7-2DB6-4418-AFDB-A20CA9AB1A7E.jpeg

All 3 boys.
65574268-26D0-4679-A9D3-77C081E32541.jpeg

Whoops, forgot pics. Light blue boy below.View attachment 2067205
Black Cockerel below.
View attachment 2067207
All 3 boys.
View attachment 2067210

I do like them ,they have a proper marans traits .good long body .solid head , feathered feets ,and gorgeous Blue eyes { mean when they will turn bright orange when fully grown}
I like they hatch down ,not too much white on they faces .minimum possible .
they seem to have nice comb .plus they seem to feather up fast ,good thing .

where you got them from .
you can visit International Black copper marans thread .we talk all marans in there .a lot information if you want to know about marans .

chooks man

I do like them ,they have a proper marans traits .good long body .solid head , feathered feets ,and gorgeous Blue eyes { mean when they will turn bright orange when fully grown}
I like they hatch down ,not too much white on they faces .minimum possible .
they seem to have nice comb .plus they seem to feather up fast ,good thing .

where you got them from .
you can visit International Black copper marans thread .we talk all marans in there .a lot information if you want to know about marans .

chooks man

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate your feedback. I got them from The Gypsy Hen (GypsyHen.com) and hatched them myself.
I’ll come introduce myself on the International Marans thread. Thank you again.

Back
Top Bottom