Bird eyes closed and standing

Zebra333

Hatching
Apr 9, 2019
EBF4B3CE-E38D-4B5F-B01D-8B67079A2F05.jpeg
DC71729E-EFF5-4123-9561-E3B987591799.jpeg
hello,

My chicken was standing out there with her eyes closed today. I looked and she didn’t have anything near her eyes so wondering what it could be? She had this before in one eye where she closed one eye and then she was fine and now she’s doing it again with both eyes. Anyone else have this? Know what it could be?

Can you get close up pictures of each eye?
Is that swelling under her right eye?

CDC85C15-4454-4F0B-B027-63D5F3F81974.jpeg
3E3C607D-F4C9-4E36-BC40-FE14CF8AD5BB.jpeg

Unfortunately can’t get a close up of her eye because she’s very skittish. Should have gotten yesterday when she was standing there but oh well. Those are pics from today and she seems to be back to normal. She had done this before too and then got better. Today I put apple cider vinegar in their water so she seems to have recovered. Hoping that helped with whatever it was.
Can you get close up pictures of each eye?
Is that swelling under her right eye?

AVC is not a cure all and giving it during hot months can be bad...can cause issues with her absorbing calcium.
Give her clean fresh water daily.

AVC is not a cure all and giving it during hot months can be bad...can cause issues with her absorbing calcium.
Give her clean fresh water daily.
I’ve never heard of acv causing dehydration. From what I know it helps kill off the bad bugs in the gut. I’ve had some mixed in water myself when I get a cold. Anyways it’s occasion based so I’m sure she will be fine if it’s something minor. Acv helps with colds and flus. I also use probiotics.

Back
Top Bottom