Bird is weak after attempt to trim beak.

Update: I took some of the chick crumble, pulverized it in a blender, added some room temp water, and gave it to her. I put her in a cage by her self so she could eat, and she nearly ate all of it. Her and her buddy will probably empty out the dish!

I felt her crop before and after, and it would seem as if she did eat most of it. With that, there was very little food in the cage she was in, leading me to believe I might have found a solution! I’m going to keep doing this for the next week, and I’ll weigh her before each feeding in order to see if she is growing at a more normal pace

Update: I took some of the chick crumble, pulverized it in a blender, added some room temp water, and gave it to her. I put her in a cage by her self so she could eat, and she nearly ate all of it. Her and her buddy will probably empty out the dish!

I felt her crop before and after, and it would seem as if she did eat most of it. With that, there was very little food in the cage she was in, leading me to believe I might have found a solution! I’m going to keep doing this for the next week, and I’ll weigh her before each feeding in order to see if she is growing at a more normal pace
Good idea!
I hope you have found a solution. Please keep us posted on how she's doing.

Final update: we have been doing these feedings twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening. Just yesterday we noticed that she grew overnight! For the future, I plan on filling her beak down once a week, just to keep it under control. I think I might have found the solution I needed, thank you all so much for the help!

Back
Top Bottom