bird newbie :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ohiogoatgirl, Apr 1, 2012.

1. ohiogoatgirl

ohiogoatgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2011
    ohio
    hello :) i joined over here a few years ago but i'm on like 16 or so forums now xD so i get caught up in a couple for a while and kinda neglect the others. admittedly...
    also i had about forgotten i was already signed up over here as i dont have any birds! but after seeing a few CL ads the other day i finally came back.
    and since i dont think i did an intro here before, and if i did it wouldnt be correct now anyway, lol. so i thought i would do one now. :)

i'm also on backyardherds and theeasygarden and sufficentself and many many other forums, as i said. haha. on most all of them i have the same name "ohiogoatgirl". so if you see the name elsewhere it may very well be me.

i have two saanen milk goats and one buckling saanen. working on getting more goats.

i have an adult pair of dutch rabbits. 4 weaned dutch rabbits. a litter of 5 on the dutch doe right now that is 2wks old. a trio of lionhead adult rabbits. both of the lionhead does have a litter now, which should be opening their eyes any day now. and i have two rabbits that someone gave me that are rex or mini rex i believe. they are weaned but not adults.
    i am working on gettin meat breed rabbits. i have not butchered any of my own rabbits yet.

i do not have any birds of any sort. i had been looking into button quail for the last few days but realized as adorable as they are, they are not what i need.
    i am now going to focus on (japanese) coturnix quail. i will not likely be able to get them for quite a while though. but i will be using that time to learn and learn about them and reasy myself for if i am able to get them. so i will know what i am doing better and be better informed.

2. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    Hello and welcome back! At first I think I forgot I was a member on BYC too. :oops: I posted a few times, and then didn't come back until mid the next year. I didn't start posting for real until a couple of years later. :lol:

I'm on BYH as well, great site!!

3. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you're back.

4. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Welcome back! [​IMG]

5. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

6. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens