Bird Poop FACIAL???

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by cheeptrick, Aug 16, 2008.

1. cheeptrick

cheeptrick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2007
    New Hampshire
    HEY...all us chicken owners could be millionaires if we all did this with our poop from the coop!!

SOME People...MAN!! LOL

Facial with Bird Excrement
    NEW YORK (Reuters Life!) - Forget avocado, evening primrose oil or other exotic ingredients, the latest facial to hit New York is a mask made with bird excrement.

The Geisha Facial, available at Shizuka New York for $180, about $100 more than the shop's other facials, contains nightingale excrement.

The Japanese powder, also known as uguisu no fun, is rich in the amino acid guanine, said to brighten and cleanse skin. In the 18th century geishas and kabuki actors used the powder to clean heavy white makeup off their faces.

"I'm always trying to bring Japanese culture and tradition to my spa," said Shizuka Bernstein. "I heard my mother talk about this treatment when I was a little girl."

The Japanese manufacturers of the powder treat it with ultraviolet light to kill bacteria. Bernstein mixes the substance at her spa with finely-ground rice bran to neutralize its slightly musky odor.

She claims the mask helps women achieve a porcelain white quality to their skin.

"I was a little tentative at first," said Andrea Nieto, who recently received the treatment. "But there was no smell. It was creamy and rich."

2. Ugly Cowboy

Ugly Cowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2008
    Corn, OK
    Oh YUCK!!! LOL man some folks are plain dumb! LOL So if they see a dog turd their gonna go bury there face in it now? Dang it![​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Didn't know I was getting a high dollar facial when I've gotten splattered with poo while catching chickens!!

4. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

Oh please, I'd go along with that fish pedicure, but a poop facial? No way! [​IMG]

5. spatcher

spatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Virginia - Southside
    Yippee!!!!! I'm rich!!! lol

I know some people I WOULD PAY to be able to put them face down in my coop!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  6. Ugly Cowboy

Ugly Cowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2008
    Corn, OK
    Quote:LOL Tell me about it!

7. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Wow. Well they can HAVE it, I think I will pass.[​IMG]

8. CathyB

CathyB Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    PA
    Well, when the girls poop on me now I know they are trying to do me a favor....[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by