Favorite Corvid?

• Total voters
Pics

Bird_Lover_17

Birds are life
Apr 9, 2020
USA
Hi everyone! I wanted to make this chat so that birders can talk about Wild birds. I also included a poll asking what your favorite corvid is. I live in Upstate NY, so the birds I mentioned may be different where you are, in that case just add a comment of what bird it is, and where it is found!
<><><><>Rules<><><><>
1) Certain issues with birds involve politics (the attack on the migratory bird treaty act) Let's keep those kinds of issues out of this chat!
2) No hate comments (we all have our own opinions)
3) No spamming like uhrfjsndrwuhefsdj- but chatting is fine!
4) The poll will not close, you can only choose one and you can not change your answer

Last edited:
Heres a little photo dump of the past few weeks at my feeders:
6CF81158-1388-489A-9448-FC2D8F30FB9F.jpeg
E5A4E29A-4362-44E2-B332-6F108CAE91F5.jpeg
7356D912-C58B-4BB7-9A5D-982070796693.jpeg
DD9BE71B-ADCA-424B-A5B0-EF6C021DC1BE.jpeg

Common grackle migratory flock, red breasted nuthatch, downy woodpecker, hairy woodpecker, countless grey catbirds, house sparrow, and female Eastern towhee :)

WOAH! Here's the story:

So, I'm on my lunch break and I get a call from my father. He calls me telling me that he saw a Northern Bobwhite quail- In the wild. All I can think is WOAH! If you do not know, finding a wild bobwhite quail in Upstate New York is rare. I am thinking this bird was released into the wild, since my area is trying to repopulate wild quail. The crazy thing is that quail are normally not in cities naturally- which is why I thought it was released (not one of mine). My father tells me he was driving and he saw this little male northern bobwhite quail in a parking lot- not hurt- just walking. Although I didn't see it, it's still awesome that my father got to see it!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 11.56.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 11.56.22 AM.png
    581.4 KB · Views: 9
WOAH! Here's the story:

So, I'm on my lunch break and I get a call from my father. He calls me telling me that he saw a Northern Bobwhite quail- In the wild. All I can think is WOAH! If you do not know, finding a wild bobwhite quail in Upstate New York is rare. I am thinking this bird was released into the wild, since my area is trying to repopulate wild quail. The crazy thing is that quail are normally not in cities naturally- which is why I thought it was released (not one of mine). My father tells me he was driving and he saw this little male northern bobwhite quail in a parking lot- not hurt- just walking. Although I didn't see it, it's still awesome that my father got to see it!

That's so cool!

WOAH! Here's the story:

That's awesome!

WOAH! Here's the story:

Oh this is fabulous! Bobwhites are definitely on the decline in much of the US. Their calls used to be so common. Great photo!

Back
Top Bottom