1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Birdie babies(new picture update)

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by cutiepieacres, Apr 29, 2009.

1. cutiepieacres

cutiepieacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    S. CA
    I got a pair of Green cheek Conures 5 months ago, I just love them. They are sweet and cute and fun to watch. I put their nest box in not too long ago and they laid 6 eggs. I candled them about a week and a half ago and 5 were developing. So far I have 4 babies and I just candled the last egg yesterday and its still growing!

Here is mom and dad
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

and the babies though they are not the cutest just yet!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  2. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Oh my goodness! Congrats on the babies, they're adorable. Their parents are so beautiful too. Are you going to try hand feeding them?

3. reallemons1

reallemons1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Gloucester, VA
    Your birdies are beautiful! Love the picture of them sharing their food. Congrats on your little pink blobs. It's amazing how small and helpless they are at hatch. I hung a plastic bowl in the cage with a pair of my keets and now have 3 little pink blobs too. I am wondering what color they will be. The mom is bright normal green and the dad is violet with a little white.

4. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    YAY! That's wonderful! [​IMG]

5. joegwendolyn

joegwendolyn Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2009
    You must be so proud they are soooo cute, I have a black headed calque she is loverly very colourful

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  6. dkluzier

dkluzier Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow, that is sooooo cool! They look so tiny! Those two look like they are in love too! Congrats![​IMG]

7. cutiepieacres

cutiepieacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    S. CA
    They are growing up! There are 3 babies about 4 weeks old. I pulled them for handfeeding a few days ago and they are beoming sweet little babies already.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  8. ACK! They are So flippin cute!

I want one!

9. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    Those are so cute. Not so much as babies. [​IMG] Amazing how something like that turns out so colorful. I make the parrot diapers on ebay so I've been getting to see a lot of different types of parrots and conures. This lady even sent me a pic of her parrotette. I bought some adult parakeets for my daughter and they were so mean we finally got rid of them. I guess the key to to hand feed them from babies. I don't think these had ever been messed with at all. Thanks for sharing those pic. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by