1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Birds don't like change!!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by 7L Farm, Oct 29, 2011.

1. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    We had a norther blow through so I was blocking a window off in the chicken coop & adding some pine shavings as well. I had some extra shavings so I decided I would put the rest in Bob Whites House. Its a new day so maybe I should show yall a picture of my pen.LOL !!
    Anyway, I put the rest in with the Bob's they went bezerk Bing, bong crazy. I thought man maybe I shouldn't' have done that. Well , it got down around 39 degrees. Went out early to check on them & yep they were all huddled up in the pine shavings. Will, they ever understand that all I do is try to help them. I no the answer Nope.[​IMG] Its been 24 hours since I posted a picture of my pen so thought I'd better post it again. LOL!!

2. rittert3

rittert3 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Ks (Manhattan area)
    [​IMG] glad to see it again, I was starting to miss it, lol. Hey isn't that a new pic, there's a bud flag flying instead of texas!

3. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    Old picture I changed the bud flag to the Texas flag.

4. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Love it! You need a flag with a quail on it or something [​IMG]

5. Frankallen

Frankallen Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2011
    Alabama
    Quote:I know what you mean by the Bobs don't like Changes. Yesterday I took some cut-up Apples and put 'em in my Brooders with Bobs around 4 weeks old.

They went Crazy!! "Bong....Bong"....BONG" hitting the wire top of the brooders!!! I hurriedly took the Apples out and everything calmed down...[​IMG]

6. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Change sure does bug the birds. I don't have issues with my bobs other than one case of ankle biting. The birds are happier now. I always give everyone different choices of munchies. The bobwhites love anything green rather than anything for treats. My valleys go crazy for apples.

7. The Critter Place

The Critter Place Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
    Ankle biting? Ouch! lol..

Years ago we set our pumpkins in the back yard to take pics in front of the Aviary! Oh big mistake! [​IMG]

My Gamble Quail went absolutely nuts on me! Screaming and fussing! I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes, and had a hard time getting the pumpkins out of there. [​IMG]
    Them birds cussed me out for a week after that. [​IMG]

We learned shortly after that, red flannel shirts bothered them too.

8. chickbird

chickbird Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Quote:COULD NOT HELP BUT CHUCKLE....IT LOOKS EVEN BETTER THAN IT DID 24 HOURS EARLIER.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by