Birds f/s in Ky p/u only - true Ameraucanas & other breeds

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by turtleblossom, Aug 15, 2008.

1. turtleblossom

turtleblossom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    Kentucky
    All these birds came from Ideal, and they are about 18-20 wks old.

3 Dominique hens
    3 Iowa Blue hens
    2 Silver laced Wyandotte hens
    1 Delaware hen
    1 Buckeye hen

12$ each or 100$ for all.

I also have some FREE true Ameraucana bantam cockrels. They came from John Blhem.

1 Brown Red
    1 Silver Duckwing
    2 Wheaton
    1 Buff
    1 Blue Wheaton (crossed beak)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  2. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Where in KY? I was just planning on looking for a Buckeye pullet for sale at the fair this weekend.

ETA: Nevermind looked it up on the where am I where are you forums...I'll be up at the fair tomorrow and leaving to go home on Sunday... Would love to have the Buckeye(maybe more) if we could meet on Sunday. My BIL lives toward Shelbyville and that is where I'll be leaving from. Cindy

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  3. cthrash1

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Hey, I PM'd you

4. TubbyChicken

TubbyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    Kentucky
    Oh poo! I would have loved the buckeye! How old are the dominiques and the slw? Do you have any pictures?

5. TubbyChicken

Jul 30, 2008
    Kentucky
    ...and where are you in Ky?

6. turtleblossom

Jun 8, 2008
    Kentucky
    I am in Shelbyville, 40 min east of Louisville, about half way between Lou and Lex. The pollets are 18-20 wks old. I do not have any pics.

7. TubbyChicken

Jul 30, 2008
    Kentucky
    I may be interested in some of the Dominiques and SLW...Shelbyville is a LONG drive from here and the next time I'm in Lexington I'll be driving all over to pick up birds (Richmond and Waddy). I don't guess you'd be willing to meet closer to Lexington would you?!

If the Buckeye is still available I would want it also.

8. turtleblossom

Jun 8, 2008
    Kentucky
    I can hold on to a few birds for a little while. I do still have a SLW and a Dominique that I will band and set aside for you. I also have one Buckeye hen left, but I may be persuaded to trade for her. Got anything to trade? I also have a Buckeye roo that I'm gonna get rid of one way or another (if you know what I mean). He's a nice guy- calm and not agressive. I just can't have any LF roos. I really don't want to butcher him, so I can throw him in for free. I can meet you in Frankfort, that is about half way between Simpsonville and Lexington.

9. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

Turtleblossom -

cthrash1 picked up a silver laced wyandotte from you for me, and I have to say she is beautiful!!!

My black australorp rooster (Marley) is absolutely in love with her - she is in a cage within the coop for a few days until everyone gets used to each other - he won't leave the cage, he just sits there and watches her and sometimes he'll stand up and fluff himself to show how manly he is, then lay back down to watch.

His hens are not pleased with all that attention, but I can understand his being smitten, she is very pretty - thanks <g>.

Peace -
    Meriah

10. cthrash1

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Hey all...I just picked up a couple of chickens from turtleblossom today and they are so pretty chiknmama got the Wyandotte and I got the Buckeye Pullet. I soooo wanted to take the male buckeye too but that would mean having to get rid of one of my older males and I don't think the kids would ever forgive me. He is huge and b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l. But seriously if anyone needs some birds she has some really nice, healthy ones. They looked very happy. My son had a lot of fun today as he got to hold one, and help round up two of turleblossoms chickens. Then we continued on to deliver the Wyandotte to chiknmama and he got to pet donkeys and a horse and see all her chickens and guineas. Thanks turtleblossom, would buy off of you anytime.
    It has been a great trip and we met some really nice folks today...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by