birds for sale at shows?

polish15

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jan 27, 2008
MD
I have never been to a big show but was thinking about going just to look this year. Are there usually some nice birds for sale at these shows? How about hatching eggs or chicks? Or does it usually depend? I have never been to a show that sells birds. Thanks.

YES! There's nice birds for sale a lot of times at them. There's parking lot sales and then you can contact the showers as well that are there and sometimes purchase show birds. There's also sometimes Silent Auctions. Nice birds in those a lot of times too. But like every thing else, you've got to watch for the bad ones and the bad sellers. Some people have nice set ups they bring, whole trailers full even! and show like 40 birds, but their stock back at home is miserably taken care of and isn't good quality and is sickly. (I know of one person in particular that I can think of exactly like this that goes to our NC Shows).

Stacy

I've only been to the Poultry and Pigeon shows in Arizona, and they do not have hatching eggs, but they do have birds for sale, usually for a good price.

The birds for sale at the shows I have been to are usually for breeding purposes. They usually have raffles, too. That's how I got my banty RIR's.

Have fun, there are usually thousands of birds to look at.

Quote:
Stacy ~ have we already discussed who you are referring to?

I LOVE shows...for the sales, not so much for the show portion! ;-)

Cindy, you know darn good and well who I am referring to.
wink.png

Stacy

K, just wanted to make sure.

I need to track someone down with a ncpoultry2 flyer from our last show so I can write up the posters.

Can't get one from Matt? Or at least have him email it to you? Or are his different?

Cindy organizes things for these shows when she can to get people together that sorta 'know' each other, so if you'd like to check it out, find ncpoultry2 on yahoo and join. It's a lot of fun at the shows!!

Featherfluff, I won't be responding to your PM.

Stacy

Back
Top Bottom