birds for sale - pick up in MD

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by peachick, Aug 17, 2007.

1. peachick

peachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    I just updated my personal page with birds that I currently have available.
    Peafowl and peachicks for sale are listed on my web page.
    Thanks for looking!

( I love the Personal Page feature of this site!)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2007
  2. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Just wanted to let you all know….. I paid a visit to PeaChicks’ place today. Best way to describe her is a lady with a bater. But wait, that might describe a large percentage of the people on this forum. I was interested in a couple of silkies and let me tell you. They are sooooo cute. And Peachick had many to choose from. They are great and fitting right in with my standard breeds.

If you live near, you need to pay her a visit. Her peacocks are amazing and the pheasants and the chickens and the geese, all amazing.

So we have not named the newest additions, but they are adorable and so sweet and soft. My kids loved them and even my mother-in-law. And that says a lot.

Peachick….. Thanks!

3. peachick

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    Quote:....... and she's not afraid to use it. [​IMG]

LMAO Thanks Ed!! It was fun to see you, and show of my birds. You live so close, anytime you want more come see me. And if you ever want something incubated let me know. I'd be happy to hatch something for you.

I guess since you bumped up this old post I'll have to update my BYC page [​IMG]

4. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Peachick - The silkie duo is doing great. They are fitting in very well. In fact, all of the chickens are getting along. The 5 older ones, the 14 3 month old standard breed and the 2 silkes.

The silkies are soooo cute. Everyone who I have shown them to just love them.

5. hensdeliverthegoods

hensdeliverthegoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Catawba County, NC
    I really enjoyed your site, peachick. I'd love to have a peacock or two, but I'm afraid their calls would disturb my neighbords too much. Is it only the cocks that vocalize?

6. peachick

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    ahhhh a Swedish Vallhund!! just recently recognized by the AKC in the herding group.... nice choice!

The male peacocks make the calls at breeding season but the the rest of the time the males AND hens can make sounds .... like when they are concerned about something. It is anywhere from a clucking sound to a honk. The mating sounds the males make is no louder than a dog barking ........so if your neighbors are close, you wight want to discuss this with them first.
    FYI I have about 80 peafowl and they have never kept me awake at night with their screaming....
    but boy those chicken roosters sure know how to wake me up!

Ed come back in the spring for silkie chicks. You will LOVE raising them.

Merry Christmas ya'll

Last edited: Dec 24, 2007
  7. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    I want to see the peacocks too, but for some reason I couldnt get into the driveway. [​IMG]

8. peachick

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by