Birds in the snow- Pic heavy

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Buster, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I was watering today and all the birds came over to join me. So when I was done I snapped some pics. Enjoy!

Silkies:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mille Fleur D'uccles:
    [​IMG]

Geronimo:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Black Orp Cockerel (from BamaChicken's eggs)
    [​IMG]

More of the chicks:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ducks, etc:
    [​IMG]

I think I'll name him "Goliath" [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ok, ok, it's not a bird, SUE ME!
    [​IMG]

2. Bammony

Bammony Red-dress-less

Aug 15, 2008
    Salina, Utah
    Nice looking birds Buster! Is that a red orp in the last pic? I have one that looks just like it!

3. Zookeeper9000

Zookeeper9000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Gladstone MI
    Buster that is one nice healer. Make sure ya let me know when ya plan that next litter.

Nice birds I wouldn't of pegged ya for a silkie man but hey they sure do look good in the yard.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

They look good, Jared. I like the cute little mille fleur D'Uccles. Not really sure that black Orp cockerel is really a cockerel, though, but I could be wrong. How old is he/she?

5. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Quote:He's 11 weeks old now. He's the one in the pics I posted before that several people said may be a cockerel. He looks more "roo-ish" than most of the others.

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Let me know if he turns out to be a pullet, LOL. I'm not sure on some of them till way up to almost 14-15 weeks. Smoky, one of my 22 week old blue Orp pullets, looked really roo-ish for the longest time, very thick legs, slow feathering and all. She is one of Suede's new ladies now.

7. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Well, I'll keep an eye on them. That one looks more "roo-ish" than the others but time will tell.

8. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Whatever kinda chicken that last bird was I want some eggs.

Did you ever get any silkies from my silkies eggs PP sent you?

9. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Quote:LOL!

I incubated them but they all candled clear at 21 days. They may have been too long in transit. Thanks for sending them though. Maybe there is an anit-evil silkie spell cast over my bator.

10. Bammony

Bammony Red-dress-less

Aug 15, 2008
    Salina, Utah
    Quote:I hope my silkie eggs that your incubating for me aren't evil then. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by