birds in urban ontario

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances' started by singcleardomini, Jun 14, 2016.

1. singcleardomini

singcleardomini In the Brooder

Jun 3, 2016
    I have birds for my mom (who had em as a kid in the old country) but the bylaws of my town only speak towards bantam and mini chickens. I'm in Sarnia, Ontario. Also says nothing of roosters, and I think one if our chicks may be a roo. We good till someone tells, or in the clear due to lack of provisions? Cheers to any reply

2. RandellChick

RandellChick In the Brooder

Apr 11, 2019
    Did you ever have to give up your roo? I just got some chicks and it looks like I have (for sure) 2 roos in the bunch. Not sure if I have to start looking to rehome them

3. Apocalypse

Apocalypse In the Brooder

Nov 8, 2018
    Woodstock, Ontario
    I'm in Woodstock Ontario and our chicken laws are: coop 20 feet from your house, 50 feet from neighbours house. No limit to roosters.
    It's pretty much chicken owner heaven here and the only reason I even consider living in this city. I have 13 birds right now. It was supposed to be 5... but you know how it goes.
    I actually have 15 if you count the chicks, and 60 more in the incubator... lol
    My one rooster is loud though, and I am building him his own pen inside a larde garden shed in my backyard. Just to avoid possible future noise complaints.
    I am very thankful for Woodstock's forward thinking in regards to keeping poultry, the right for families to keep chickens should have never been infringed upon.

RandellChick likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: