Birds of a feather??

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by bjcoop, Oct 25, 2007.

1. bjcoop

bjcoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2007
    Western New York
    Hi! I am in the process of thinning my flock for winter, and was wondering if my hens will be happier if I keep 2 of each kind. I accidently gave away too many GL Wyanottes, so my hen Puffy is the lone GLW. I plan on keeping 15 over the winter, so she has lots of friends, but wondering if I need to go back and get one of my GLWs back.
    I would do it in a minute, but this particular farm may have a mite problem, and I don't want to bring that back to my flock. Also, because of my suspicisions, I don't want bring any more of my "good" girls there. [​IMG]
    Also, this farm believes they have a good clean operation and are selling organic eggs to a local coop. The family has fallen on hard times, and I don't want to cause any more hurt to them.
    --bj

2. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I would stay with my original decision and not second quess myself.... You made these choices for a reason, so I would live with them and learn from them? If your number is correct for winter than it's ok.
    Flock changes can be made again.

bigzio

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by