Birds - Stances and Cages?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by inbox1803, Sep 11, 2012.

Which Chicken Type Do You Prefer?

Poll closed Oct 5, 2012.
  1. Bantam

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Heavy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Medium

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Feathered Feet

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  5. Polish

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Cochin

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  7. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. inbox1803

inbox1803 New Egg

Sep 7, 2012
    Hi Everyone!~

I am going to a fair show in three weeks, and my three birds get dropped off in two. Two are Porcelain D'uccle, and the other is a White Cochin, and they are all bantams. I need to get them used to being in a cage, but I am not sure of the most effective way in the time I have. I am not home until around 2:00 in the afternoon, except on weekends, so I don't have a lot of time to use daily either. When I put Kevin, (White Cochin) in the cage we have for a minute or two, he tried to fly out and failed. The cage is not that similar to ones at shows, it's a petmate black cage, probably 1 1/2 'x2', give or take a few. I really need to get them used to being shown/in a cage, because we really need to get rid of them because they are all roosters. Also, I am not sure what the stances are appropriate for their breed, (White Cochin and Porcelain D'uccle) and how to get them in that position. Also, the birds will be 16 wks. old at the time of show, so I'm not sure if that does anything to technique. I know they are young, but we do need to get rid of them! Please help me with these problems! I want them to be as comfortable and good looking as possible during Fair week. [​IMG]

Thanks Again!

~inbox1803

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by