Birmingham Roller ~~Flying Roller~~ Pigeon 'family'

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by shelleyd2008, Nov 23, 2011.

1. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Up for bids is one pair of Birmingham Roller Pigeons. This is a mated pair. The hen is a red mottle (James Turner line) and the male is a reduced t-pattern blue check. This pair also has 2 babies (4-5 weeks old) still in the nest.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Baby pics:
    This one looks like a reduced, which means it's a female.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not sure what this one is, but it sure is pretty! It's mainly 'gray' but looks like it has white wing bars??
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Babies and papa all piled in the nest
    [​IMG]

Shipping is based on your zip code plus $10 for the box. Since this is the parents and both babies, they should be fine in one box. I can combine shipping on all my pigeon listings, up to 4 boxes, with 1 pair per box (aside from this family).

I have another red-bar youngster (sex unknown at this point), also out of this pair, available for $5 if interested.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  2. theron

theron Theron's Fowl Farm

Nov 15, 2009
    Midland, MI
    Would we be able to fly them here or would they not come back? I was just wondering because we have capucine pigeons and we don't let ours fly.

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    They should come back but you'd need to keep them put up for a while so they'd learn where 'home' is. I've not let them fly here because of the hawks, I'd hate to lose any. I had capuchines and they did okay free-flying.

4. lisathenorth

lisathenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2009
    I would love some females! Please let me know if you have any!
    Lisa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by