Birth day pic's added

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by countrybum, Apr 6, 2009.

1. countrybum

countrybum Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2008
    area pop. 96
    Well I am the proud owner of an East German (DDR) German Shepherd male and a West German plush coat female. In January I told my Mom I was allowing the 2 to breed for the last time and then I would be getting my female spayed. I just planned on keeping 1 stock coat female puppy, which I would decide in 2 years if I wanted to breed her or not.

Well today was the birth day. I thought it was a flase pregnancy because she never got big, nor did her stomach harden. To my surprise when I woke, she had 1, only 1 puppy and it is just what I ask for, a stock coat female. Hubby said I do not have to worry about choosing, it is done for me. Never imagined a German Shepherd having 1 baby. I will post pics in a day or 2. What a sign, mom will be spayed in about 8 weeks.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  2. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    Yes we need pics! How wonderful for you, congrats!

3. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    congrats!!!!!cant wait for pics!!!!

4. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Congratulations!

5. countrybum

countrybum Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2008
    area pop. 96
    Here are pictures of the proud mom and dad. I think mom is a bit confused, because she is use to have 8 or 9 pups at a time and not just 1. She sure is being overly protective of this little girl. I just cannot believe I was planning on keeping a girl this time and spaying her and all she had was 1 little girl. I guess this will be an easy pick of the litter. [​IMG]

I willget a pic of baby in a couple days, do not want to stress mom to much. Baby will have no trouble getting milk. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by