Birthday Aprons (PIX)

rebbetzin

Crowing
15 Years
Apr 4, 2008
Tucson AZ
I like to make aprons as gifts for my grandchildren. These are the latest ones. Jonah (5 yrs old) whose nickname is "Donut." He says his favorite color is pink. So... I figured I'd make the decorations on his apron doughnuts, with pink frosting and chocolate sprinkles.

JonahDonutApron5thBday2010email.jpg

Close up of "J"
JonahDonutApronCloseupofJemail.jpg

Close up of pocket
JonahDonutApronCloseupofPocketemail.jpg

I just finished Junie's apron. She will be 10 tomorrow, goodness how fast they are growing up!! She says her favorite colors are blue and orange. So... I hope she will like this combination of fabrics and trims.

Junie10BdayAproninFinishedemail.jpg

Close up of yoke
Junie10BdayFinishedApronYokeButtonsemail.jpg

Close up of pocket
Junie10BdayApronPocketButtonsemail.jpg

Label
Junie10BdayApronLabelemail.jpg

I forgot to make a label for Jonah's apron!! I will have to make him one this week.

Last edited:
I love, love, LOVE these! what a fantastic grandma you are to make these!
bow.gif
I think it's adorable your grandson likes pink, my middle son does too!
tongue2.gif
All three of mine just love helping in the kitchen too.

My three (ages 7, and almost 5 and 3) have some from my aunt but not this adorable (shh, don't tell her
wink.png
)! You should sell them, I'd buy three! My boys both have birthdays coming up next month too. PM me if you'd be interested in making a few more!
thumbsup.gif
I don't see many aprons specific for kids and believe me I've looked!

Beautiful work! I love making aprons too! I made one for my mother's birthday when she turned 60 and then had all the grandkids use fabric paint to put their handprints and names all over it. When it was time to open gifts, my then 4 yr old yelled out, "Open this one Grandma! It might be an apron!" They make wonderful gifts, and I always wear one at home because I'm so clumsy and kind of make a mess of myself no matter what I'm doing.....
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom