Birthday Aprons (PIX)

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by rebbetzin, Sep 28, 2010.

1. rebbetzin

rebbetzin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    I like to make aprons as gifts for my grandchildren. These are the latest ones. Jonah (5 yrs old) whose nickname is "Donut." He says his favorite color is pink. So... I figured I'd make the decorations on his apron doughnuts, with pink frosting and chocolate sprinkles.

[​IMG]

Close up of "J"
    [​IMG]

Close up of pocket
    [​IMG]

I just finished Junie's apron. She will be 10 tomorrow, goodness how fast they are growing up!! She says her favorite colors are blue and orange. So... I hope she will like this combination of fabrics and trims.

[​IMG]

Close up of yoke
    [​IMG]

Close up of pocket
    [​IMG]

Label
    [​IMG]

I forgot to make a label for Jonah's apron!! I will have to make him one this week.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  2. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Just beautiful!

3. 6littlechickies

6littlechickies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Burton, OH
    I love, love, LOVE these! what a fantastic grandma you are to make these! [​IMG] I think it's adorable your grandson likes pink, my middle son does too! [​IMG] All three of mine just love helping in the kitchen too.

My three (ages 7, and almost 5 and 3) have some from my aunt but not this adorable (shh, don't tell her [​IMG])! You should sell them, I'd buy three! My boys both have birthdays coming up next month too. PM me if you'd be interested in making a few more! [​IMG] I don't see many aprons specific for kids and believe me I've looked!

4. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

I made aprons once for me, DD and niece out of the old blue curtains in the kitchen... didn't turn out too bad, but not anything close to this... very very very nice.

5. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    Beautiful work! I love making aprons too! I made one for my mother's birthday when she turned 60 and then had all the grandkids use fabric paint to put their handprints and names all over it. When it was time to open gifts, my then 4 yr old yelled out, "Open this one Grandma! It might be an apron!" They make wonderful gifts, and I always wear one at home because I'm so clumsy and kind of make a mess of myself no matter what I'm doing..... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by