Birthday help?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by McCord6, Nov 24, 2009.

1. My husband's 25th birthday is close to xmas, 5 days before (december 20th). Ever since we been together I have always tried to make his day special (he HATES that his birthday is close to xmas, everyone always forgets). I still have less then a month to plan but better start brain storming now.

Anyone have any cheap and useful ideas that I can do to make his day extra special? Maybe ideas for a very special dinner (something I never tried before but sure he would love?). He doesn't like Sea Food at all so that's off the list.

I will not have any of the kids that day, they are spending a few days with their grandparents before the holidays (my mom for 2 days, then hubby's mom for 2 days then we get them back Xmas eve) so it's just the two of us.

2. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    A birthday gram from yours truly....you. [​IMG]
    eta~ pm for details. lol [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  3. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    A nice dinner for 2 sounds good. I just did that for my DH the other weekend with no kids. That does NOT happen often here. MAYBE 3 times a year. I made a 4-5 lb amish chicken I got cheap in my rotisserie. Mashed potatoes, (DH's favorite), and corn. I set the table for 2 next to eachother and one large candle. Lights a little low. And the good china. [​IMG]

Maybe a small birthday cake. One candle. Maybe one shaped like a cupcake.

4. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    LOL, it's going to be hard to pull off with a brand new baby. Maybe the 4th child will be born on the 20th, that would be a fabulous birthday gift! But I don't think you'll be cooking that day if that happens, [​IMG]

Since you will either have a newborn or be on the edge of it, how about a lemon-pepper rotisserie chicken from the store, some side dishes, and cupcakes with a candle for dessert?

Side dishes- hard to cook some things this time of year, because of all the holiday stuff. Something NOT seasonal, maybe ...... potato salad, cole slaw? Wild rice? Pasta salad? Waldorf salad?

I'm trying to think of summery stuff, not typical this time of year. It's hard being born so close to Christmas.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by