Birthday Party for Last Year's Christmas Hatchlings

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Barry Natchitoches, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Barry Natchitoches

Barry Natchitoches Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2008
    Tennessee
    It was a year ago today that my broody successfully hatched two little chicks, golden feathered pullet Drew Brees and black feathered cockerel Pierre Thomas. Yes they were named after the Super Bowl 44 Saint superstars.

So today, we had a birthday party for them. Party eats included some canned pumpkin, some lettuce, BOSS, and raw milk to drink. The birthday chicks shared their party goodies with their 15 flockmates.

Everybody enjoyed themselves completely, although one or two of them gave us the stink eye as my wife and I sang "Happy Birthday" to Drew and Pierre....

[​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    What? No cajun food on the menu???

3. Barry Natchitoches

Barry Natchitoches Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2008
    Tennessee
    No, we didn't have any cajun food --

But I sure did appreciate the big victory that the Saints quarterback Drew Brees and running back Pierre Thomas scored tonight in honor of my chicken's first birthday:

Saints 17, Falcons 14!

Notice how Pierre Thomas has been out for 9 weeks this season with an ankle injury, but he came back in time to win tonight's game (along with Drew Brees the quarterback, who threw all those passes he caught)?

I'm sure that the reason he made sure to make it back on the field by tonight was especially to honor the birth of my two special little Super Bowl chicks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by