1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Birthday present

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Chapita, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Chapita

Chapita New Egg

Nov 9, 2013
    Hello everybody!
    Yesterday was my birthday and I was surprised with a chicken!
    I adore birds, (I currently own 2 pigeons) so this was a big surprise.

Would you be so kind as to inform me what breed is this girl so I can properly take care of her?
    Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    [​IMG] and happy birthday ! someone knows what this chicken is but its not me. you just so reminded me of a birthday i had many years ago. my mother and i were on a farm with my grandmother and i knew we didnt have any money so my mom was going to cook a hen for my birthday that my uncle had volunteered . she asked me what i wanted for my b-day and i said, i want that hen. she says well, i am going to fix that hen and i said no, you dont understand, I want that hen.lol she was an awesome gift and a great pet.

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

she appears to be some type of game hen. Welcome to the world of chickens! It's usually best to have more than one bird, chickens are flock animals and do best with others of their own kind. So, start building a coop and looking for friends for her!

4. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

X2 [​IMG] Glad to have another bird lover here! I agree with donrae she does look like a game hen, you should also get her another friend. Do you have more pictures of her?

5. Chapita

Chapita New Egg

Nov 9, 2013
    Hello everybody and thanks for the warm welcome!!![​IMG]
    The person that bought me the chicken told me she was "saved", since she was bought from a local butcher!
    Maybe that's why she is so nervous around us.
    Here is another close up photo I took of her.
    [​IMG]

6. I am not sure of her breed but [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by