Birthday suprise!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Heathero617, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Heathero617

Heathero617 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Mosheim
    Well as I posted yesterday, I was making a Birthday wish of an incubator...well I had not spoken a word about wanting one to anyone ...was just looking on ebay and around town via craigslist and local papers. After my Birthday dinner tonight my parents and kids and aunt had me a little party with cake and presents. My children >pictured in my avitar< got me my very first ever chicken "statues" They are adorable and i must now rearrange my mantle to make room for them.

My dad suprised me and got me a Hova-bator 1602N with turner. Apparently he was going to hit TSC after his job, but he got to gabbing with his client and she had this in her basement for sale, she said it's brand new so i'm assuming she may have used it once. Anywho..i'm tickled pink after a crappy week of having a death in the family and my husband having to go back out of town, it just made my day and I wanted to gloat just a little as well as get any tips before I begin my first attempt >which will have to wait a few weeks while i'm out of town< Below are my new "Birthday chickies" my kids got me. Arent they awsome?

[​IMG]

2. Ceinwyn

Ceinwyn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Southeast Ohio
    There beautiful and Happy Birthday!
    I'm glad to hear your week ended on a happier note.
    [​IMG]

3. S.L.Swope

S.L.Swope Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    San Antonio
    Wow asume presents! Congrats on the new bator and [​IMG] HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! [​IMG][​IMG]:hugs:celebrate:celebrate

4. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    Happy Birthday! [​IMG] Great gifts!!

5. Heathero617

Mar 1, 2011
    Mosheim
    Thank you guys very much....now bring on the advice!! LOL

6. LuvMyBLR

LuvMyBLR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2010
    New Boston, NH
    haha the hova bator 1602N is what I'm using! It's my first hatch, but it's doing REALLY well. Let's humidity in thats in the surrounding air, but keeps the temp perfect! Will you be using a fan? But I'll say, getting used to where you should put the temp takes a little trial and error just because it's a crank and not digital. So turn it on a day, or even 2 days like me [​IMG], before you put eggs in. But it's so easy to use! If she's used it once before, the temp might already be where it's supposed to be! Tip: Get a good candler!

7. Heathero617

Mar 1, 2011
    Mosheim
    Quote:I have my handy dandy mini-mag LED i think 113 lum. She'll blind you in an instant and I could see my eggs i had under my silkie like they were rice paper!! I'll certainly plug it in and let it regulate a few days and then sacrafice a few fridge eggs to see how they affect the temp and humidity. I have to get a new temp/hydro though as my other one just went poop on me after using it for 2 days. Acurite didnt seem so accurate after a 48 hour use!! Back to home depot it's going! I'm so eggcited!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by