1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Birthday Surprise for my daughter! (Paint Horse Pics)

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Bec, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

We surprised my daughter with her favorite horse! She had started riding her because the guy was no longer using her. He was trying to make her an english horse, she was trained in western pleasure. As she rode, the owner, barn owner/riding teacher and I all decided that they made a great team! So I bought her and we kept it a BIG secret for the next few weeks until her 8th birthday!
    She is a 10 year old registered paint.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hlf1996

hlf1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    California
    Beautiful horse! What a wonderful birthday present.

3. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Yey!!!

I got myself a new baby too, just last month... so I'm still at where she is right now! Woo Hoo! [​IMG]

4. Bec

Thank you! I can't wait until the spring show season!

Congratulations Squishy on your new baby!!!! It is SO exciting!!!!

5. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    Lucky little girl. Hopefully she will have that horse to grow up with. I got my first horse 20 years ago, and still have her.

[​IMG]

6. Bec

I hope so too! I just lost my horse after 19 years together. It will be a year coming up in December. I lost him 3 days before Christmas [​IMG] Growing up with him and the bond we had is something I will never get back with another horse. I hope that she will have that life long bond with Cheyenne and that they will grow together! The horse is 10, my daughter is 8 so they should have many years together [​IMG]

7. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    Sounds great. My first horse was 2, but I was older. I hope they have many good years together.

8. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Happy Birthday, Miss M!
    Cheyenne is lovely!

9. LiLRedCV

LiLRedCV Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Land of the Rain
    WOW! What a super lucky little girl!! I want a horse... [​IMG] Trying to convince my hubby of it is a whole 'nother ballgame tho'! [​IMG] I know how to ride (English & Western) and it's not like we don't have the room for one! Sheesh....

10. Bec

Well if it helps any, I think you NEED one [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by