Birthday Surprise for my daughter! (Paint Horse Pics)

I've got two girls and three horses (yep, one's mine
smile.png
) They (my girls, not the horses) were looking at the photos and going AAAWWWWWW all over the place - I think they want your daughter's horse! Beautiful photos, and it's clear that your daughter has such a great connection with her horse. Good for everyone!

Quote:
Thank you! I think I do too!
wink.png

Well, he hasn't agreed to one yet and I'm not quite comfortable just bringing one home without him being on board. We have this arrangement that neither one of us can spend over xxx amount of $$$ without the other's permission. A horse falls into that "we must agree" category 'cuz they're all so darned expensive.
sad.png
However, chickens were in that range where I didn't have to discuss it with him, so now we have 38 (or is it 39 - darn chicken math!) hens and 2 roosters.
lau.gif

If it's just about the initial output, your new horse will cost about what the chickens do. Lots of free good horses out there at the moment especially now cause people don't want to over-winter them. Just make sure you do a pre-purchase exam with the vet on that free horse or it might not stay free for long.

Congrats to the OP, I've always wanted a horse for a surprise but alas, I've never got one by anything but the normal channels.

That is just awesome! What a great gift! How did you set it up? Did she have a clue before hand? Details please
lol.png

When I was about her age on my birthday, my dad said he was taking me somewhere (without my 3 brothers) for a "great surprise" I was sure it was a horse since I had been pining for one for years. Well, when we got there and rounded the corner there was a river which he drove right into..... some kind of underwater stone bridge.
roll.png
idunno.gif
ah yeah...not what I was expecting at all and I also got told off for crying on the way home
hit.gif

Quote:
She had no idea. She had started riding her and thought she was just giving a horse some exercise. She would ask me every week if Cheyenne was for sale yet and I said no. Her response every time "If she was Mommy, I would snap her up in a heartbeat!"

On her birthday, we had our neighbors walk her over with a huge pink bow on her. When my daughter walked out, she thought she had just dressed up pretty to come to the party. It didn't sink in until that night that she was actually hers! For the next 2 days everything was "My horse/Your horse". "This is my horse, Pal is YOUR horse". "This is my stall, that is YOUR stall"

She still won't let me help with anything that has to do with her horse!! She tells me I have my own horse to take care of!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom