Birthdays near Christmas

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bakerjw, Dec 22, 2012.

1. bakerjw

bakerjw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Johnson City, Tn
    Ok, I know that I am not the only one with a birthday near Christmas. Statistically speaking, every person that you know has a 1:33.2 chance of being born 5 days before, after, or on Christmas Day. So, to those who fall into this category.. What was the best thing and the worst thing about your birthdays?

Good?
    We'd often get snow.
    Mom would have a lot of cookies around the house.

The bad... [​IMG]
    The "Rather than get you 2 small presents, we decided to get you one big present instead" excuse. When we were kids we knew that it was a cop out.
    And the absolute kicker? A birthday present wrapped in Christmas paper! [​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    One of my nephews was born on Christmas day. His three brothers wanted to name him Jesus. Yeah, that would have worked - Jesus Kowalski - [​IMG]

3. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    My birthday is on "Old Christmas" (Jan. 6th). It was celebrated just like my brother and sister's birthday. Now my sister's birthday is Valentines Day (2/14), works out good for her husband.

4. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    [​IMG]

5. Roxannemc

Roxannemc Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2012
    SE Missouri

6. they'reHISchickens

they'reHISchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2008
    Reading
    As a mom with kids born 12/17 and 1/4 and 1/5, all I can say is that no one was really thinking 9 months prior. Mea Culpa. It's lousy for parents buying presents too.
    Then there is the GD who is 12/17, GS 12/30 and GS 1/15, and DIL 12/28, so obviously other people plan badly too. Plan, who me??

7. Mtn Laurel

Mtn Laurel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2012
    Northern Virginia
    My Coop
    I feel for ya' as my BFF is 12/13, my niece 01/01, my mother 01/03.

Mom will be 80 in a few weeks and while I'm trying my best to deal with Christmas and my own kids and grandchildren, I'm also trying to organize a surprise birthday party for her. Trust me, some of the invites will be late - arriving about 10 days before the event - but I'm hoping the 80ish-crowd doesn't have anything planned for that weekend. I've managed to get evites to everyone 60 and under but most of her school friends don't have email.

SO . . . for those who are born near Christmas . . . we do love you and we do want to celebrate your birthday and we're really trying.

Signed,

Exhausted

8. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    My birthday is on Boxing Day (12/26), my brother's is on 1/8, and my husband's on 1/17. The guys' birthdays aren't too bad (other than the we're-so-broke-from-Christmas-we-can't-afford-much), but my birthday has always seemed like an afterthought. Even I tend to forget. One time, I was staying with my in-laws over the Christmas break. When I went into the kitchen on the morning after Christmas, my MIL greeted me with a cheery, "Happy Birthday!" It took me a full two seconds to go, "Oh, it is, isn't it? Thank you!"

The only time I had a birthday party, we "rescheduled" it for the end of January, to make it easier for everybody.[​IMG]

9. Lolachick07

Lolachick07 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 7, 2012
    Oklahoma
    My birthday is actually today! (Dec. 22nd) Usually I think of my birthday as a pretty good day, because three days later it's Christmas, so those days are just like a 'pause' in present opening[​IMG]

10. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Happy birthday, Lolachick. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by