1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Birthdays....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by tx_dane_mom, Apr 20, 2008.

1. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    Am I the only crazy person who keeps up w/my bird's DOBs??? I don't celebrate them or anythi ng (although I suppose if I get a really old one I will one day) but I do it just to know how old everyone is.. am I alone?

2. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Nope. DH and I have a "Chicken Notebook" with their name, breed, sex, DOH, along with any vet visits, medications, ailments, and date of death.
    It makes it a lot easier when you can go back and say, OK, we wormed/dusted/whatever on this date with this medication.

3. tx_dane_mom

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    Wow, you're a little more evolved than I am [​IMG] But glad to know I'm not in the boat alone [​IMG]

4. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I have mine written down too! The eggs in the bator are due to hatch just days before their mothers and father turn a year old! That will be a big week here!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  5. EmptyNest

EmptyNest Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2008
    SW Iowa
    Me too - I keep track of everything. Who I buy from, amount paid, results of candeling at day 7 and 14, percent hatched and the list goes on and on and on. I really need to get a life. [​IMG]

6. tx_dane_mom

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    Quote:WOw....that's not a bad idea really, so you know if it's worth it to get eggs form those ppl...etc. Not bad...not bad. But I just have tooooo much to do to handle all that [​IMG]

7. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    First batch: March 17 2008

Second batch: May 22 2007

And yes we will bake them a cake!

8. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    I just post whenever I have a hatch and then when I need to figure out someone's hatch date I look it up on the BYC. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by