Bittersweet Good bye

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by write2caroline, Aug 27, 2010.

1. write2caroline

write2caroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2009
    Jacksonville
    I need to reduce my flock and so I met a nice lady here on BYC and she wanted my speckled sussex and a comet. I know they are going to a great home and they are definately going to be loved. I am kind of sad though. It is so hard to say goodbye to the little sweeties.

I have a bunch more I need to sell.

I love raising the little babies. I just wish I had a Ginormous coop so I could keep them all.

Oh well - very bittersweet.
    [​IMG]
    Caroline

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    [​IMG] Getting rid of chickens is always sad, even when you know they're going to a good home.

3. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

That is the problem with hatching and raising chicks at sometime you have to let go. [​IMG] But I'm like you I would love to keep them all. [​IMG]

4. crawfordmama

crawfordmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    The Lakes Region, NH
    It really is hard to say goodbye. I need to rehome 4 that I'm not super attached to, and I feel sad about it. At least you know they're going to a good home. [​IMG]

5. rcentner

rcentner Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Le Roy, NY
    [​IMG]

as my DH can't wait for another broody, I dread getting rid of more chicks that turn out to be cockerals. that was a hard time

6. Shellyb

Shellyb Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2009
    I completey understand. I just sold 6 of mine today as well to a very nice lady with two kids. She just built a much bigger coop then I have and run so I know they'll have plenty of room and great home. I want to restart my flock with EE chicks and silkie's so I had to sell this flock to make room. Our coop is only 6x6 so it can't hold too many [​IMG] Bitter sweet...

7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

8. VioletandBodie

VioletandBodie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2010
    port
    [​IMG]

9. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Awww, but look at it this way..you are giving someone else some of the joy that we are all aware of and wish everyone could be a part of.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by