Bittersweet Weekend-Roosters' 1st Crows - 1st Green Egg - Death of Fav

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by juliect, Dec 21, 2009.

1. juliect

juliect Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2009
    Niota, TN
    On a sad note one of my beloved Salmon Faverolles pullets passed away early this morning. Sigh...its rough losing one when you try so hard to save them, but the symptoms are so vague that they don't point to any one particular treatment.

On a happier note, my two Salmon Faverolles roosters started crowing. At first it scared me, because it sounded like a pack of coyotes with really bad head-colds had broken into the coop. I took off out the backdoor in my pajamas and flipflops, and was halfway to the coop before I finally figured out what the horrible noise was. Yes...my neighbors already know I am crazy [​IMG] But this cold Monday morning, they are actually starting to sound like roosters!

On an even happier note, Amy laid her first green egg Sunday! Beth (her EE sister) has been cheating and laying brown eggs, so I was happy to see a tinted egg.

[​IMG]

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Congrats on your first tinted egg and condolences on your loss. [​IMG]

3. specklesmom

specklesmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Texas
    So sorry about your loss. Very sad. The green egg is a beauty.

4. juliect

juliect Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2009
    Niota, TN
    Thanks so much for your support. My family doesn't understand the sadness over losing "just a chicken"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by