1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

BITTY The first hen to get named

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by hsm5grls, Dec 2, 2007.

1. hsm5grls

hsm5grls Songster

Oct 3, 2007
    tucson
    I have been waiting to name my girls until they are showing there different personalities or lets face it I can tell them apart LOL. Well one of my white rocks got a name yesterday. Bitty because she is ity bitty about half the size of the other girls and she is the same age. Now I am starting to worry. She eats and drinks fine goes after treats with the same gusto as the others I just can't understand why she is soo tiny? She is quickly becoming my favorite but should I be concerned about her size or is that just they way she is.

2. Alleyoops25

Alleyoops25 Songster

May 14, 2007
    Colorado
    Chickens are just like people in most cases. Everyone is different. I think you will need to post us a picture of your chick if you are really concerend that way we can defineitly tell you that you chick is okay,.

3. hsm5grls

hsm5grls Songster

Oct 3, 2007
    tucson
    I wish I could but dk lost the cord to plug it into the computer. [​IMG] I have looked every where for it. I hope to post a pic. of her soon.

4. lyndatu

lyndatu Songster

Nov 13, 2007
    I have a very small chick, less than half the size of the others, but is the bossiest of them all [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: