1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bizarre BSF thought, yanked from chat this morning

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by SandraMort, Aug 12, 2008.

1. SandraMort

SandraMort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    ny
    [10:05:51] SandraMort: You know, I'd think that air popped popcorn would make good bedding
    [10:06:02] SandraMort: they peck at everything anyay... and it composts well
    [10:06:15] SandraMort: I could give it to the bsf grubs and they'd eat it all!
    [10:06:41] SandraMort: LOL
    [10:07:04] SandraMort: picturing air poppers set up to automatically pop an fill the coop, bsf in the unerneath layers...
    [10:07:32] SandraMort: the birds eat as it falls, poop on it, stir it up, then the bsf eat the poop and popcorn, then the birds eat the bsf!
    [10:07:38] SandraMort: I'm so totally not serious.
    [10:08:14] SandraMort: But it's such a funny image... air poppers wall mounte and popcorn flying through the air with birds leaping for it
    [10:08:47] SandraMort: an the bsf eating from underneath to prevent a buildup... then the birds eating the bsf

2. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* Shoot, just got rid of my air popper for the move!! [​IMG]

3. SandraMort

Jul 7, 2008
    ny
    There's got to be a way to make this work. Obviously not with popcorn, but what about shredded newspaper bedding or something else that's edible for BSF and not birds? If I put together a 6x6 pen, I could put in a couple of birds and give it a try!!!

4. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

What is BSF?

5. SandraMort

Jul 7, 2008
    ny

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by