Black Ameraucana sex

kellywags

In the Brooder
Apr 11, 2016

Questionable chick on the left. Hopeful for girl on the right. Both will let me put them on their back, both are spunky. Supposedly 4 weeks. Supposedly true ameracauana from a certified breeder. Thoughts?

Alexandra33

Chook Snuggler
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Apr 3, 2015
Northwest Ohio - The Buckeye State!
Both look like true AMs to me!
smile.png
Oooooh.....the chook on left has an usually puffy comb for so young a bird, so at the moment, I'm leaning toward cockerel. I'm in agreement that the other appears to be a pullet for now.

~Alex

kellywags

In the Brooder
Apr 11, 2016

Questionable chick on the left. Hopeful for girl on the right. Both will let me put them on their back, both are spunky. Supposedly 4 weeks. Supposedly true ameracauana from a certified breeder. Thoughts?

Better pic of chick on right

Rhodebar Lover

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Apr 5, 2015
Tennessee, US
I agree, they are both cockerels judging by comb development and the fact that both their pea combs are triple rowed. They do appear to be true Ameraucanas, if they do have white skin.

kellywags

In the Brooder
Apr 11, 2016
[/IMG]

Another week in. The one with the big comb is definitely a roo, feathers are shiny with hint of green/purple, roo attitude and all. The other has a shorter tail, stands less upright, has dull feathers and just throwing me off. I will keep them both longer if the one could potentially be a Pullet....

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom