Black Ameraucana, Son of Scout FS/N. Ga

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by speckledhen, Jan 13, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I have all my extras spoken for except one, because my buyer couldn't use all those black cockerels. He's standard size and already getting the green sheen in his feathers. Very friendly and sweet, but still a gawky 7 wk old kid. He spent quite a long time sitting with my DH in the lawnchair today-a real keeper!
    I'd like $5 for him. Sorry, I do not ship birds-PickUp/Cash Only. Here he is. I'm near the juncture of TN, GA & NC. I think he'll be a beauty! And he is a true Ameraucana, not an EE, for those who don't know my trio.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

To see what he may become at maturity, here are Scout, his sire and Jet, his grandsire, Scout's pop from Cree Farms lines.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ParkerVA

ParkerVA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Blue Ridge, VA
    Have you noticed the gold in your rooster's hackles being passed on to his offspring?

3. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Quote:All I see is black? [​IMG]

4. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    in one pick he has some gold on him that is scout the chicks dad

5. speckledhen

Parker, the very first son of Scout's I hatched came out with the wildest pattern I've ever seen-it's like he got all of the "bad" stuff in one chick; actually, very beautiful! It was like a laced Ameraucana. Since then, I've not seen any odd color in his offspring except for one blue girl is beginning to get a slight glimmer of gold in a couple of hackles. Most of the time, it seems NOT to be passed on, but I have not kept any very long other than the oldest one I still have, the 12 week old black cockerel, who has no base color showing through that I can tell. You would have to cull out what you didn't want if you were looking for show quality. I think you can get it from this guy, but it depends on him being paired with a good mate, IMO, and taking out the ones that aren't up to the standard you want to get to. I have so far no seen any other cockerels than the first one with the odd coloration, but that's not to say that one will not show up later on.
    Here is the first son of his I mentioned awhile back-he is owned a member here on BYC and I don't have a more recent pic of him:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  6. FLF

FLF Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Portersville
    Wow, he is really gorgeous and unique! Sometimes different is VERY good [​IMG]

I hope Scouts 12 week Son finds a good home! He's a very handsome guy as well.

7. beefy

beefy Flamingo Daddy-o

Apr 21, 2007
    South Georgia
    cant believe still no takers!

if no one shows any interest (unlikely) i'll take him Cyn. Dont know when i could get up thatta way tho.

8. speckledhen

I'd love for you to have him, Bert. The rest of the Ameraucana chicks are being picked up the weekend of the 26th, barring unforseen complications, and all that will be left are the sweet black Ameraucana boy I'm trying to sell, Gabriel, Zoe (both staying here) and one blue Ameraucana girl that is reserved for Kate (helmstead). No rush, he'll have a place to stay if no one gets him and he's just going to get more handsome by the day, I bet!

9. Dogginfox

Dogginfox Chillin' With My Peeps

If no one can take him soon I might be able to take him off your hands in a week or two. Between school and Family affairs my weekend schedule is pretty full right now. I have 2 Ameraucana hens (1 Blue egger and 1 Green egger) That I think he would find interesting;)

10. speckledhen

So far, I still have him! Just let me know when you think you can come up and get the boy. Whichever of you two can arrange to get up here first, you or Beefy or whoever else, he's yours. No rush, he has a place to stay till someone claims him. He's a sweet, sweet boy and I think you'll like him. He hasn't crowed yet, although his 12 week old brother is crowing his heart out, LOL. I just looked on the calendar and he'll be 8 weeks old on the 18th of this month, hatched November 23.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by