Black Ameraucanas From Lonnyandrinda...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Chickenfan4life, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    Hey, all.

I wanted to share an update on the Ameraucanas I purchased from @lonnyandrinda . They are, what, ten months old, now.

Unfortunately, due to different issues only three of the six I purchased remain. [​IMG] But I am pleased to say that I have two hens and a rooster remaining. [​IMG] If they match the standard, hopefully they will be my breeding trio, or at least start it.

One is definitely much smaller than her counterparts, I'm not all that sure why, but I have a feeling it's probably not going to be helpful in a breeder flock, so she will probably live out her life in the egg layers' flock. [​IMG] I would never cull a bird just because it's not helpful to me, thy just get to live out in the eggers' chicken coop.[​IMG]

I hope to get pictures soon. They are rather shy of me --and the apparently very scary camera I carry-- and it poses a problem when I want pictures of them. [​IMG]

So, yep, that is all I guess I can say on the topic.

-Hannah-

2. lonnyandrinda

lonnyandrinda Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2012
    Coweta, OK
    Can't wait to see the pictures! Thanks for the tag!

3. Omg I love Those they are my all time fav!

4. showinbirds

showinbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    COLUMBUS, KS
    I would love to see some pics of your Ameraucanas. That's all I raise.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by