Black American Serama hen ~~11 ounces~~plus FREE rooster!

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
She is very shy and would not stand for pictures at all! Little stinker! She is by far the sweetest girl I have, just loves to be loved on
love.gif

Her eye is not cloudy, just the angle of the shot
smile.png
She has red earlobes (white in center) and swarthy legs. She was hatched 10-25-10. At last weight (Oct. '11) she weighed exactly 11 ounces.

DSC01320.jpg

DSC01321.jpg

In this picture she is the one on the far right, almost out of the shot.
DSC00803.jpg

Also available with her is your choice of one of these 4 males (choice will be determined by number-draw if more than one winner requests the same male):

Crele (22 oz) and Birchen (28 oz) hatched Jan. or Feb. '11. Crele male is perfect except for being overweight. Birchen has 'pink over yellow' legs, but otherwise has good type (besides being a fatty).
DSC01282.jpg

Mottled with leakage hatched 10-25-10 (last weight in Oct. '11 was 19.6 ounces). Male has red earlobes but a slightly long back.
DSC01319.jpg

Black with leakage hatched 10-25-10 (exact weight unknown until Saturday but he is approximately 19 ounces based on a not-so-good scale). Male has white in his earlobes and a slightly long back.
DSC01322.jpg

Shipping is based on your zip code plus $10 for the box. I only ship on Mondays and Tuesdays (preferably Tuesdays) to hopefully ensure live birds don't get stuck sitting somewhere over the weekend. Any questions please ask.

I can combine shipping on any of my listings, up to 3 boxes. Silkies are maximum of 2 birds per box, Serama are max of 3 birds per box.

These birds are worth more than the starting price listed. I need to move and would like these to go to good homes. Otherwise, I would not be selling. Thanks.

**UPDATE** I was looking at the birds today and noticed this little girl does have white in her earlobes but it is not enamel white.

Last edited:
3 of the black hens, the 12 oz. male, the black male, and the 2 males listed as free (mottled and black w/ red) all came from the same breeder. I have no idea if they are siblings genetically as the breeder kept a community pen. All the birds listed as 'hatch date 10-25-10' are from the same breeder (mbrobbins).

Just to be fair since it seems most who have expressed a desire for a male want the crele, If more than one bidder requests the same male, I will have a number-draw to determine the winner. I will have an outside party choose a number of which I am not aware. The outside party will determine the winner of the male.

Back
Top Bottom