Black and Blue/Splash Bearded Silkie Hatching Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Three Cedars Silkies, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Up for your consideration are 12+ eggs from our black pen and our blue/splash pen. We do show our silkies and have had many BV's and RV's in sanctioned shows. In our black pen are 8 gorgeous very black girls and we have 2 striking boys that court them. We have had 100% fertility from this pen in our incubators. In the blue/splash pen are 9 lovely girls and a blue and splash boys who love them dearly!

Pics below are of our breeders and some of the juveniles that they have produced this year. The picture at the top of the page is a pullet that was sold to Feather Leg Farm as a 2 week old chick and hatched from our black flock.

We are NPIP certified. By bidding on this auction, you affirm that you understand that we cannot guarantee your hatch rate, nor the condition in which the eggs will arrive to you. Because an egg is "clear" does not mean that it is not a fertile egg. We are running 100% fertility in the black pen and about 92% fertility in the blue/splash pen. We do an excellent job of packing the eggs to assure that they will reach you in the best possible condition. We will add ice packs if you would like. These will ship Monday, Aug. 8th.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  2. mandelaykay

mandelaykay Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    Southern maine
    Wow wow wow!! My incubators are full otherwise I would be bidding!! gorgeous animals!! I will be watching this!![​IMG]

3. Three Cedars Silkies

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    I took this photo today of one of the black hens and also a blue pullet that I hatched from this flock. The first pic is the hen who is 18 months old and the second is an 8 month old pullet. This hen won RV at the show in Georgia this past February.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Now why do you have to go and post all this cuteness!!!!! [​IMG] I cant get any eggs now!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG] I dont suppose you are going to Waverly Iowa. Or that show on October 15 in (Indianna?)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  5. Three Cedars Silkies

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Yes, we are going to Crossroads in Indiana in October. Since we will be driving for 2 days, I don't think I'm going to bring any silkies to show. It really depends on how they are looking by that time. This hot weather, the breeding pen, broodiness and molting have taken their toll on my girls! If we do bring any it will just be 2 or 3.

My plan is to hatch most everything that is laid in October and november but I will have eggs available again in December through March. We wi;ll hatch again in April and May.

6. gavinandallison

gavinandallison Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2010
    Matthews, NC.
    I have some of Judy's eggs in my incubator now......

7. Three Cedars Silkies

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    I keep looking for the "like" button!! [​IMG]

8. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Lucky Lucky Mandy. Guess you made some room in your incubator [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. mandelaykay

mandelaykay Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    Southern maine
    Actually I just finished my very first home made incubator!!!!! Got to try it out!!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by