Black and Blue Wyandotte Bantams

blueoval1

Songster
11 Years
Oct 21, 2008
Raleigh N.C.
Hi I am looking for a few blue and black wyandotte bantams. Does anyone know much about this breed the colors seem to be pretty rare. Thanks

Anyone
fl.gif

I have partridge wyandotte bantams. First strain, great egg layers, didn't go broody easily. The strain I have now, look better but don't lay as well and go broody.

Every strain (regardless of color) will be different in bantams. They are bred for appearances so production properties/temperament will vary more than with standard varieties.

Quote:
each breeder/hatchery has their own genetics to this breed or color w/in the breed. So depending upon what characteristics they have bred for, how that particle strain/family will act.

If they are a little inbred, they might have more or less physical defects or their temperament might be different.

Hope this helps clear what I meant up.

I have a Blue Wyandotte bantam hen, and I love love LOVE!! She is turning 5 this year, and is my best layer of my bantams. I show her in 4-h and she always does really well, she got best of poultry at the last show I went to. Here is a pic
DSCI0018c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom