1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Black and White Feather-Legged Bantams from TSC

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jessivogel, Mar 28, 2016.

1. jessivogel

jessivogel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2014
    Palisade, NE
    I got these two chicks at TSC a few weeks back. They looked like little black and white chipmunk-chicks. I have no clue what they are though... Both are already getting pretty pink in their waddles that are coming in- so I'm pretty sure I've got two Roos. But... Does anyone have any idea on what breed they are?

Here is chick #1 appears to be a Silver Laced something? Cochin or Wyandotte maybe? I'm new to this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chick number 2: this one just appears to be low quality something or another... As young chicks, these two looked identical.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

#1, almost definitely a Silver Laced Cochin. #2 also looks like Cochin, not sure of color though. Way too young to tell sex, though I agree the combs are a wee bit suspicious.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  3. jessivogel

May 14, 2014
    Palisade, NE

Thanks! I've never had Cochins before. (Will be getting rid of them-I just wanted the silkies they came with) Tomorrow I will get a picture of their waddles to show ya what I mean ;)

4. jessivogel

May 14, 2014
    Palisade, NE
    Loll at all that red ALREADY!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by