Black and White Langshans??? Or Brahamas??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by heckelfish, Apr 9, 2012.

1. heckelfish

heckelfish Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2012
    Lancaster, CA
    4 weeks old, we have only our list from MMcMurry Hatchery to go by, and all your BYC expert advice and pictures to guess what our 26 chicks are. The only reason we didn't guess cochins, is we have two really fluffy buff chicks that compared to
    these feathered friends weren't as poofey. Now their feathers are sticking out everywhere. The dark ones are black and white.
    the white and grey ones feathers are all growing in pure white. They have slate legs(which is why we thought Langshans instead of Brahma) with white feathers and the dark have
    orange-yellow legs with black feathers. Any ideas?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    Not Brahmas.

3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    langshans come in a solid black or solid white from white I understand

4. RhodeRunner

RhodeRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    Largefowl Cochins. The top birds are Silver Laced, and the bottom birds are White.

5. heckelfish

heckelfish Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2012
    Lancaster, CA
    We were thinking cohins...we have what we thought were buff cochins because the chicks were really fluffy and they are almost fully feathered compared to these. Would they grow at different rates? This is why we thought they could be something else. We are pretty sure the dark ones are turning into a lace pattern, the white ones....still uncertain.[​IMG]

6. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    The top ones are most certaintly 'silver laced' something, and since there is no such thing as silver laced brahama, they must be silver laced cochins, which murraymcmurray carries. They're just different colors, so probably different lines. It's normal for them to grow at different rates.

7. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    You have silver laced, white and buff Cochins :)

8. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    Looking like Cochins to me!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by