Black Astralorp Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by roostersandhens, Jan 19, 2013.

1. on the black astralorp thread you can post anything about astralorps even astralorp mixes or astralorp roosters! post pictures of black astralorps! here is a pic of my broody black astralorp named olive!!
    [​IMG]
    she is in her nest! i will post pics of her chicks when they hatch!!!

their is one rule on the astralorp thread!

. have fun!!

2. suburbfarmer

suburbfarmer Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2013
    I'm brand new to raising chickens, and currently have one Australorp chick named Tilly who is about 3 weeks old. She's the shyest of the bunch and has had the hardest time warming up to me, but she's getting used to me little by little.

She gets along pretty well with the other girls, but at this point is the lowest in the pecking order. Thankfully the other girls are not aggressive so she's not getting injured. I'm anxious to see how she turns out as a full grown hen.

Something I noticed about her, is she has a longer tail than my other girls, but apparently this is normal for Australorp pullets.

[​IMG]

3. cubakid

cubakid Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2010
  4. there can be two right? i will still join you though two astralorp threads are better than one!!!

5. cubakid

cubakid Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2010
    ustralorp

Yes there can be two threads but when people post on several different threads of the same thing it pushes other breed threads down.

6. ok well it is a bit too late to change that problem!!

7. silverlacerlove

silverlacerlove Out Of The Brooder

Feb 8, 2015
    i have three black australorps i got last spring.but theyare not leying yet

8. DonkeyJac

DonkeyJac Out Of The Brooder

My two, BA hatched early May 2014, just started laying. One January, and one last weekend. Good Luck

9. Carolinn 333

Carolinn 333 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2016
    Hi I'm new to BYC and I have a BLACK ASTRALORP . I would like to know what she will be like ? And every thing I will have to know about her ? Can someone help me?:old

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by