Black Austalorps..

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by flameschics, Mar 30, 2017.

1. flameschics

flameschics New Egg

Mar 30, 2017
    I grew up with raising chickens and rabbits. but no specific breeds. have 3 young black australorps. want to eat eggs and hatch a few to raise and a few to sell. any info on the Lorps is wekcome.

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to BYC. Black Australorps are good layers, they also seem to tolerant both hot and cold climates. If you check out the breeds box at the top of the page, you can discover more. Also you can click on the Breed reviews, where folks that have a breed give their views and describe the pros and cons.

3. flameschics

flameschics New Egg

Mar 30, 2017
    how do I post pics?

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  5. HeavensHens88

HeavensHens88 Remembering the Forgotten Premium Member

Welcome to the ultimate Clan, Club, and Community of Poultry Lovers, flameschics! :welcome
    Here are some links to reviews here on BYC for Black Australorps: https://www.backyardchickens.com/products/australorp
    In my experience, you picked an ideal breed. ;)
    All of birds are all part of one massive, unanimously-beloved flock on BYC- and we can't wait to assist in any way possible!
    We're glad you're here!!!
    :jumpy Wings of Wishes,:jumpy
    ~Sarah

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, flameschic, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community!

7. N F C

N F C eggnog time! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

It's nice to have you here!

8. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under flameschics [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

I also hope the link helps you to share pictures of your flock. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by