Black Australorp and SL Wyandotte... pullet or roo

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jesslynne, Apr 19, 2017.

1. jesslynne

jesslynne New Egg

Apr 19, 2017
    [​IMG]
    I've had a couple people tell me I have 2 Roos but They were supposed to be pullets. They are about 4 weeks old and I just love my BA she is the sweetest thing! My Wyandotte is a brat but still I'd hate to have to get rid of them (city ordinance-no roosters) i'd appreciate any insight :)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  2. PD-Riverman

PD-Riverman Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    Its hard to tell from that angle but it sure does look like a good chance of them being cockerels.

3. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Lots of Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    They look like roosters to me too.

4. jesslynne

jesslynne New Egg

Apr 19, 2017
    Oh no! [​IMG] I guess we'll wait it out and see. I've recently discovered I'm a chicken person... not into cats or dogs but boy do I just love these chicks!! So if 2 of my 3 are Roos and I have to get rid of them my single pullet will be lonely so do I get 2 new chicks? Will she be ok with them with a big age difference? Sorry I'm new to this. I researched so much before I got them but I'm finding out hands on experience is better than any article I could read!

5. PD-Riverman

PD-Riverman Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    Check for local(with-in driving range) chicken/small animal Auctions or Flock swaps. If you have some of those----you can take your roosters and sell them and buy some bigger size pullets to keep your other company. Maybe you got someone selling on craigslist or at the Flea markets, etc.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  6. jesslynne

jesslynne New Egg

Apr 19, 2017
    Thanks!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by