Black Australorp Appreciation

Vizcerasis

Chirping
Aug 16, 2020
Some months ago I posted on this forum asking for advice telling my two little black australorp chicks apart. We did end up getting one male and one female, and boy are they gorgeous! I am in love with their iridescence, their stature, their dark eyes, their temperaments, just about everything. Definitely a favorite breed for me ❤

Attachments

• 20210109_172902.jpg
    20210109_172902.jpg
    556 KB · Views: 16
  • 20210107_125755.jpg
    20210107_125755.jpg
    469.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210107_125817.jpg
    20210107_125817.jpg
    690 KB · Views: 14
They are quite striking! I have one hen and she is a favorite of mine as well.
How are you doing having a rooster in an urban setting? I see he is wearing a no crow collar. I hope he never runs into trouble with it. I've read horror stories.

They are quite striking! I have one hen and she is a favorite of mine as well.
How are you doing having a rooster in an urban setting? I see he is wearing a no crow collar. I hope he never runs into trouble with it. I've read horror stories.
We introduced the collar slowly, but there's been zero issues so far! It significantly lowers the volume of his crow, and if my neighbors care, they have never complained. There's a chicken farm on the other side of our neighborhood with roosters, so it's a normal sound here! One of my neighbors actually used to live in Italy and told me her neighbors there had a rooster, so she was excited to hear the sounds again. Once we found out he was a rooster, we decided that we would only keep him as long as he wasn't a nuisance, and so far we've had no real issues! We know of a few chicken/poultry rescues in the area just in case, but as of now, he's been pretty submissive towards people, and very protective of his ladies 😊

Back
Top Bottom