Black Australorp Breeders

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by janchilds, Dec 21, 2011.

1. janchilds

janchilds Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2011
    Virginia
    I have been searching for a couple of weeks for a source of quality Black Aussie hatching eggs. The American Australorp Breeders association seems non-existent, at least on the web. Is my only choice to buy hatchery birds?

2. tigercreek

tigercreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:There is an Australorp thread going, but it is not real active

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=316084

I know of a breeder that has very nice birds in North Carolina. They are not on BYC, but they do have a web page where you can get info to get in touch with them. If you do a web search for babulldogs, you will find their site and contact info. Also, there was another breeder in Virginia recently that was looking for a rooster, maybe he will have some ideas, or be closer to you. You will find him in the link to the Aussie thread above. Good luck. .......stan

3. janchilds

Nov 27, 2011
    Virginia
    Thanks Stan!

4. OldChurchEggery1

OldChurchEggery1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    Virginia
    I'm the one looking for the Australorp Rooster. If I find one and set some eggs come spring, I can get in touch with you. Just send me a PM or e-mail me with your contact info.

5. RattlesnakeRidgeWV

RattlesnakeRidgeWV Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2011
    Hedgesville, WV
    Check out Sydneyenterprise and Hot2Pot here on BYC. There is also a reputable breeder on Ebay in South Carolina selling eggs,
    I just hatched 14 BA eggs from Hot2Pot and my own, and they are doing fine at a month old. I will be hatching some quality BA eggs in another month from the Duane Urch Line in Minn. There are alot of BA breeders down south but they don't advertise much. My BA's are my best, friendliest, great layers, healthy easy keepers!
    Janchilds, where are you located in VA. I am in the eastern panhandle of WV near Martinsburg.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  6. janchilds

Nov 27, 2011
    Virginia
    I am right outside Winchester.... so not far from you. We have a handful of hatchery BA that fit in well with our flock and are productive egg layers. I was really hoping just to add a few better quality birds to the mix and hopefully grow out a roo to use for future breeding of replacements.

7. kouros

kouros Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2014
    Good Morning, Just love your Roo!! He is something else.
    I live in Ct. and have 6 girls , 2 Partrige Cochin, 1 Lace Wing Cochin, 2 Ausses,Flower and Emmy, 1 Americana . I have found that I love the BA's!! I am looking for 2-3 more for the flock.......Do you have any for sale? Thank you Saw the you tube tooo cute!! Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by