Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hen

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2hands

Hatching
Jun 3, 2015
hey yall. I bought 5 sexed pullets from the same breeder back in the middle of MAY as week old chicks. I am really LOVING this breed in comparison to the others I've had. That being said, I had one chicken in particular that has me questioning...."is that a dude?" All of my girls look fairly the same with an L shaped body and fairly dark pink combs...i do have one Hen who has a larger floppy redder comb, but I know she's a gal cuz she's always laying eggs in front of me. hahaha Then I have THIS ONE......
Please note this ones U shaped body. Instead of more of an L and a larger redder higher standing comb and this is 5 months old. This chicken is the FIRST to run to me and the first to peck my pants if i'm not moving fast enough with those veggie scraps I give them. I know this breed can be a lil more difficult to visually sex because they tend to look alot alike. BUT I would LOVE some input from all you Poultry Savy people out there. Its driving me NUTS hahaha you can kinda see one of my Hens behind this one in the picture. They have been a really quiet chickens so far so I have not noticed any form of "crowing" but this one always sits and talks to me when I sit and hang out with them for a bit. hahha SO anyways, please help me out ya'll! and thank you very much for your time!

Definitely agree that you have a hen who happens to have large comb & wattles. I see no rooster feathers. I have an australorp roo and he had very long fancy tail and saddle feathers by this age.

Last edited:
OH GOOD!!!! thank you so much guys! so crazy how they can all look so different and vary even when from the same breeder! I am lovin' my girls!

Back
Top Bottom