Black Australorp hen & White Leghorn Roo?

Chicken Lady 87

Hatching
5 Years
Aug 31, 2014
Have a question for all you genetic fokes? We bought some black australorps (st. run) and just found some white leghorn pullets on clearance at a farm store and bought them all...lol!

So i got home and was looking at what a BA roo and a white leghorn hen would produce and it looks like they would produce a Austra White...a white chicken with black spots. But I can't find what a BA hen and a leghorn roo would produce? Would if be the same or would that change the appearance?

Thanks in advance!

Anyone? Beuler?
Been a while since this was started but I have exactly that. I incubated and successfully hatched 12 eggs from my white leg horn roo(Fog Horn Leg Horn) and my 5 black australorp hens. I ended up with 5 white chicks with black freckles(lol), 6 black chicks and one black with a white spot on her head. Quite an odd little mix. But they're growing and thriving. Most of them did take on the personality traits of the leg horn and are very timid and flighty but thats okay we love them anyway. I also have 5 Dominique hens with him who hatched their own littles last spring and they're they color of the Dominique hens but big and tall like the white leg horn. Just wanted to share. Blessings!

Back
Top Bottom