Black Australorp Pullet w/Dark Comb

Nerdmom81

Songster
Apr 21, 2022
My husband and I recently bought some black Australorp pullets (aged 6 weeks at the time) from a local farm to integrate with our mixed breed flock. They’re currently 10 weeks old, and one of the four has super dark, huge black eyes along with a black comb.

Wondering if this is a mutation or normal for Australorps as I have never had any before, and all the other girls have pale red combs with eyes that aren’t nearly as wide or as black as this pullet’s are.

Attachments

• 538DB112-87E1-4827-9CD8-C05B6453EC32.jpeg
    538DB112-87E1-4827-9CD8-C05B6453EC32.jpeg
    822.3 KB · Views: 31
My husband and I recently bought some black Australorp pullets (aged 6 weeks at the time) from a local farm to integrate with our mixed breed flock. They’re currently 10 weeks old, and one of the four has super dark, huge black eyes along with a black comb.

Wondering if this is a mutation or normal for Australorps as I have never had any before, and all the other girls have pale red combs with eyes that aren’t nearly as wide or as black as this pullet’s are.
It will lighten and redden as she ages

The Australorp have dark eyes, they will stay that way, no worries

Back
Top Bottom