Black Australorp Roo and RIR hen

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Bedste, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Bedste

Bedste Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Cut n Shoot Texas
    I am looking for a chart that shows what happens when you mix breeds. Does anyone know where that is.

2. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Keep in mind that the calculator that was posted does not show leakage, the cross of the BA X RIR should give black birds with some red leakage, I think the calculator will show them as solid black.

3. Bedste

Aug 17, 2009
    Cut n Shoot Texas
    thank you very much guys!

4. Hambone

Hambone Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Union, KY
    That site would be great if it were in english.

5. tnlorprazer

tnlorprazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    SouthWest TN
    Quote:I agree! I couldn't make any sense of it but thought it was just me [​IMG]

6. catdaddyfro

catdaddyfro Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2009
    Vernon Parish
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  7. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Yes, it has the colors in english in the second row down, pic the colors you want, and instead of clicking fast summary, click To Chicken Calculator on the far right, second down, then that will bring up another screen, on the new screen, click Calculate Crossing at the bottom of all the genetic codes and that will show "approximate" pics and percentages of what you will get, then you can click. Continue with this Male / Female , then click calculate crossing again and so one and that will show you want you will get if you keep crossing. Remember, it does not show leakage.

8. Bedste

Aug 17, 2009
    Cut n Shoot Texas
    very helpful hints thank you.... I was having trouble using this awesome tool

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by