Black Australorp rooster needs a good home (Colorado)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Elise, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Elise

Elise Out Of The Brooder

Feb 12, 2008
    I'm trying to gauge interest in our 20-week-old Black Australorp rooster. He came from the pullet bin as a chick, so we weren't looking to have a rooster in the first place and I'm not sure it's something we want right now. He's a very healthy, handsome bird who knows how pretty he is and likes to show it off! The ideal home for him would be somewhere he can strut around in the sun all day with his hens long into old age (although I am realistic and will leave the definition of "old age" to your discretion). He is NOT to be taken home and killed for meat. I've grown very attached to him.

Is anyone on the Front Range of Colorado interested?

Here are a couple pictures of him, but they're a little old. His comb and wattles are MUCH more majestic now [​IMG] I'll edit in new pictures as soon as I get a chance to take some.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. crazychickengirl

crazychickengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Glenmont, Ohio
    Someone take this pretty guy home! I'm afraid of big roos (was attacked a couple of times by one) and just couldn't resist my BA roo at a swap. I brought him home with me in hopes that he would be nice...and he is! I was told by a breeder thay they are flighty, but he's not at all! He will make a great roo to have around kids and such since they aren't aggressive...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by