Black Australorp x New Hampshire

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by WVDan44, Nov 11, 2011.

1. WVDan44

WVDan44 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    MD
    What would be produced by this cross? Would the offspring be sex linked? I'll bet they'd be good and hardy DP's and great egg layers.

BA roo x NH hen>

NH roo x BA hen>

2. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:they will ALL look Black at hatch.. you will not be abel to sex them at hatch.. some Australoprs are Sex linked Silver and if you use a Silver Based Black australorp hen and a NH roo. you will have Sex linked(gold hens, golden roosters S/s+) but you will not abe able to sex them at hatch since they will be black at hatch...

3. unkadan

unkadan Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm curious as to the possible increased production of this cross;

RI roo x BA hen>

I have 6, 14 wk old pullets that came from a very "productive" BA hen that the owner used when making the cross, hopefully it works. 2 of the 6 have lots of red showing on them, all have good temperament and no problems at this point.

Anyone have 1st hand experience with these?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  4. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Quote:if they are from production type lines, they will be awesome layers...[​IMG]

Quote:That's caused by NH Columbian Restrictor...

5. ChickenPrnces

ChickenPrnces Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2012
    Deerfield, NH
    Has anyone confirmed the increased productivity of this cross yet? I'm curious because I am currently hatching over 30 babies from a BA Roo and a production New Hampshire!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by