Black australorps from auction are sneezing

crazyhen

Crowing
11 Years
Aug 26, 2008
mtns of ,NC.
Help these are my first hens. Two, the bl. aust. are sneezing. They are still eating, their eyes look clear and not swollen. Their stools are formed but greenish. All my hens were just gotten yesterday so they came from different homes. Can I put something in their water to be sure they will be alright?
Also how can you tell a buff orpinton pullet from a game hen of the same color. I hope I didn't get the game by mistake. Jean

Hi, I am not that experienced but I will try to answer you. I only know what I have found out. Here are a few things,
1 it may just be the straw or hay or whatever bedding you are using. maybe they are used to something different, they might stop sneezing on their own (allergies??)
2 apple cider vinegar is good for them, if mixed with drinking water for them to drink.(an apple a day keeps the doctor away)
3 plain yogurt is like an overall dose of goodness for them

I know that some people will disagree with my wait and see attitude but that is my answer. If they were all in the same box or cage together then it is probably to late to segregate them. But in the future, if you get a sick acting chicken, or a new chicken, please separate that one from the rest of the flock because if it is something really bad you will want as few sick as possible. you only have to quarantine them for a week or two (i think) Good luck, maybe someone else on here will have more ideas for you.
By the way, I cant even begin to answer the other question.....sorry

sorry computer problems
hmm.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom